Thursday, February 24, 2022

Blog 7

Watching these videos was extremely eye opening and defiantly made me stop to think. One of the largest takeaways that I had while watching the videos is that what ever you post online never really goes away. I like the analogy that they made in the first Ted Talk about about information on the internet being like a tattoo that is on your body forever. The second something is posted, it never really goes away. All of this  information is stored forever even if you "delete it".

Something else that really stood out to me was all the facial recognition that computers can collect on a person through many photos and videos. Before Ted Talk, I was unaware that this type of artificial intelligence and technology actually existed. It is a little unsettling how photos or videos are taken of you multiple times a day when you do not even realize. This type of information makes you stop and think and leaves you with an uneasy feeling that you are always being watched. Regardless of where you are, computers are constantly collecting data about you.

The automatic license plate reader is also something that I did not know existed. These license plate readers are everywhere and are contently keeping track of you and wherever you go. They can be mounted on traffic lights, police cars, etc. Just from this information they can know a lot about a person just from where they go on the daily. I think the government should not be so invasive on everyones privacy and daily life. I think they should have more rules and regulations put in place that they along with other companies have that can regulate the information that they know about. To protect ourselves from this, we can be careful by the amount of information that we share with companies. even something as simple as creating a gmail account, be careful the amount of information that you share with them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

I feel that my personal relationship with technology is pretty healthy, however in some aspects I can see how it can be seen as a little con...