Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Blog Post #1 4345

Experiences That Shape US

My name is Julia Segalla. I am from Boston Massachusetts. I have lived in Boston my entire life until I moved down South for college. Moving from the North to the South was definitely a big adjustment, however I am very happy with the decision I made. Coming to school in the south made me realize that I want to move in the future and experience other places other than the Northeast. 

Currently I am a junior at High Point University. At HPU, I am studying Strategic Communication, Marketing and Sales. Within these majors, I really enjoy the fact that they are very collaborative and you get to work a lot with others. In the future I really hope to hold a position where I get to work with others because I really enjoy a collaborative environment. Right now, I hold a position with High Point University's office of undergraduate admissions as an HPU ambassador and campus tour guide. I also on occasion work as a receptionist and delivery manager through High Point University's Campus Concierge. From having these working experiences through the school, it has definitely taught me how to effectively communicate with others. 

Also at HPU, I am an active member of the High Point University Dance Team. Dance is something that I have been passionate about my entire life. I love that I get to continue this through my college experience. Being a member of this team plays a huge role in my life. It has definitely shaped my college experience to the way it is today. Because of the dance team, I have made some of my best college friends. I firmly believe if I never met these people my entire HPU experience would be completely different. Being a part of this team keeps me busy and definitely fills up my schedule after class with practices and games. On the team, I hold a leadership position where I am in charge of the team's image and creating sponsorships for the team.

 On campus, I am also involved in Greek life as a member of Kappa Delta Sorority. Kappa Delta has also given me my absolute best friends and completely transformed my experience at High Point for the better. Again, Kappa Delta has made me realize that I love interacting, communicating, and helping others solve problems. Through all the things I am involved in at HPU they have really shaped my experience and made me realize that I would like a job where I get to work with others in the future.


SEO:  College, College life, High Point University, Sorority, Dancer, Dance Team, College Dance Team, College Tour Guide, Greek Life, College Athletics


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

I feel that my personal relationship with technology is pretty healthy, however in some aspects I can see how it can be seen as a little con...